cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain Manager: Contact Information: Unable to Update Contacts

Hello,

Whenever I attempt to save my updated Address Line or any other field in the `Update Contacts` form for my domain, the form automatically closes without allowing me to click the `Save` button. What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Taplent,

Welcome to the Community!

The rules concerning a change to the registrant information within 60 days of transfer only applies to the .CA registry. If you have a country code domain (ccTLD), changes to the registrant data may need to be escalated by GoDaddy support. For popular TLDs like .com, .info, .org, etc, changes shouldn't be an issue. If you're having problems making the change, you may wish to clear the cache of your browser, or use a private/incognito browsing window when making the updates.

Keep in mind that changes to the registrant data WILL cause a 60-day lock on the domain against transfer to another registrar. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II

@Taplent 

Did you recently transfer your domain or make other contact info changes recently?  If so there is a 60 day lock on making any additional changes.  This is to help secure your account.  A previous thread about that here.

If that's not the case, you would need to contact GD support to find out what the problem may be. 

HTH! 😉

Judith
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." ~ Me

No, I did not transfer my domain. The last time I updated my contact info was last year.

I will contact GoDaddy support. Thanks for your reply!

Hi @Taplent,

Welcome to the Community!

The rules concerning a change to the registrant information within 60 days of transfer only applies to the .CA registry. If you have a country code domain (ccTLD), changes to the registrant data may need to be escalated by GoDaddy support. For popular TLDs like .com, .info, .org, etc, changes shouldn't be an issue. If you're having problems making the change, you may wish to clear the cache of your browser, or use a private/incognito browsing window when making the updates.

Keep in mind that changes to the registrant data WILL cause a 60-day lock on the domain against transfer to another registrar. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post