cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Domain does not work on several networks. I

Domain does not work on several networks. I created a site for my wife’s business columbiamercantile1855.com. It works on some providers but not on many others such as Comcast. On some it comes up after a reload on others just says IP address not found. It’s been over a year and nobody has been able to help us. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Sakev 

Unless you move the DNS back to NameCheap (and even if you do) it may not update correctly until that DS record is removed 

That record is what is causing the issue with it not being available across the internet.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Super User IV

@Sakev 

https://dnschecker.org/#A/columbiamercantile1855.com

I suggest contacting GoDaddy support and asking them to resubmit the DNS as you can see from the link above 

1) Many locations are not even seeing the domain AND

2) There are 2 different IPs being reported

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Spent over an hour with support and they are saying nothing is wrong and it’s an isp error. This happens on multiple isp’s, Comcast is one, I am not a comcast customer and had a friend who is one contact with no answer. Godaddy suggest I do a tracert from my machine which won’t work since it cannot find the site in the first place. Very frustrated  by

@Sakev 

What I would suggest to try is to update the main @ record to  34.102.136.180

This will park the domain and hopefully resubmit the DNS, then after about 4 hours I would switch it back to the current IP address

Hi, thanks for the advice, did not work though, I used the website builder for this and it does not have a static ip.I wonder if paying for a static ip would help. Thanks

@Sakev 

In that case I would try to add an A record for www2 to the IP address - just something that "publishes" the Zone file

@PL281 I don’t have a IP address, it looks like

this:_

AA6A6045-6468-42C9-9B2E-F2998F18ECDD.png

@Sakev 

Add an A record for www2 as the host and 34.102.136.180 as the points to with TTL set to custom / 600

@Sakev 

I have some news for you - this is actually not something at GoDaddy, but rather with NameCheap where you have the domain registered.

There is something called a DS record which is at the registration level vs the DNS level. This record is causing a conflict - You should reach out to NameCheap and as them to remove the record and then it should propagate correctly.

Hi, thanks for your help, the reason for this is I could not deal with this
anymore and moved the domain to namecheap.

Kevin

@Sakev 

Unless you move the DNS back to NameCheap (and even if you do) it may not update correctly until that DS record is removed 

That record is what is causing the issue with it not being available across the internet.

View solution in original post