cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain manager sort by domain name is incorrect

The alphabetic sorting of the domain name column in the domain name manager is incorrect. Would you please teach your programmers the English alphabet and fix this so that domain names are sorted correctly when clicking the column title to sort in ascending or descending order? Either that or "disconnect" whatever unintuitive secondary sorting is happening. I have to export domain names and sort in a spreadsheet to audit similar names because your system doesn't do this properly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for bringing up this issue @bergdesign. I was able to duplicate what you're seeing, so it seems like something is wrong with the sort feature. I will pass this on to our product team so it can be addressed. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User IV

@bergdesign 

Can you provide a screen shot showing this - I have a few hundred domains in my account and have never seen this issue.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Here are two screenshots, one ascending and one descending. My hunch is that there's a non-visible column that is getting the primary sort and that domain name sorting is actually a secondary sort.Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 1.41.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-08 at 1.40.46 PM.png

I'm going to add an interesting behavior I just found... While all 32 of my domains are shown, if I click on the domain name column title and then subsequently click on the "All Domains" button, the domain names will re-sort correctly.

@bergdesign 

That seems odd - have you tried a private browser window to make sure it isn't a cookie of some sort

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I'm on a Mac in Safari, btw. I just logged out then logged in using a private window and the sorting was still incorrect. I then logged out of that private window, cleared my GoDaddy cookies from Safari prefs, then logged back in using a normal window... Same incorrect sorting results. In either case, clicking on the domain name column title results in incorrect sorting in either ascending or descending order, but subsequently clicking the "All Domains" button at the top causes a re-sort that is correct. At least talking through it here discovered a work-around that will keep me from yelling at the screen 🙂

Thanks for bringing up this issue @bergdesign. I was able to duplicate what you're seeing, so it seems like something is wrong with the sort feature. I will pass this on to our product team so it can be addressed. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the confirmation and for addressing this issue 😀