cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain propagation fails after weeks

My domain rourevell.com is not accessible from some locations. 

After contacting some users that are not able to access my website, I've found out that the problem is caused by the DNS resolutions.

Some users are pointed to DNS servers in which my domain is not propagated, thus, the DNS -> IP resolutions do not work and users are not able to access the website.

You can easily see this on the following URL: https://www.whatsmydns.net/#NS/rourevell.com

I've asked an affected user to do a traceroute to rourevell.com from his machine and the answer was: "".

traceroute: unknown host rourevell.com

1. Originally I had my hosting nameservers, I've changed them, waited 2 weeks, propagation failed on some servers.
  2. I've contacted support and they told me it was because I was not using domaincontrol nameservers. Followed their advice.
  3. I've changed NS to domaincontrol nameservers, waited 2 weeks, propagation failed on some servers (the same servers, weird)
  4. I've contacted support and they told me to force propagation by changing again to other domaincontrol nameservers.
  5. I've changed NS to other domaincontrol nameservers, waited 2 weeks, propagation failed on some servers (the same servers, weird).

The issue is the same regardless of the nameservers I put. Nobody from support is able to help me so far.

Could you help me?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @planadecu,

Welcome to the Community!

Your domain is resolving for us in several browsers. The whatsmydns.net test is showing the IP address resolving everywhere (except New Zealand). Are you still having trouble accessing the website?

1. Have you tried from another network?
  2. You may wish to run a traceroute and call customer support to review.
  3. Or contact your ISP to see why they may be blocking your access to the GoDaddy server.
  4. As your DNS is not with GoDaddy, you'll also want to check with your DNS provider to troubleshoot the issue.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Hello, 

The problem is almost fixed. I had DNSEC enabled from my old nameserver/CDN (Cloudflare). 

I've pointed my NS to Cloudflare again and disabled DNSEC from there. Now all the domains are propagating correctly. Once done I'll move again to domaincontrol.

It was a difficult issue to find out. I hope is fixed after it.

Is it a possibility to enable DNSEC from godaddy?

Regards,

Jordi