cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoDaddy Host and Domain issues with Cloudflare

Hi. So, I bought a host and domain from GoDaddy. I had the Domain get the DNS from the host and I am able to set the website up in no time.

Now, I installed wordpress and all to get it ready, and after setting up Cloudflare for the SSL and stuff, the domain will get parked after an hour, making it not find the host on GoDaddy.

This happens when I changed the name servers.

Did I miss something along the way? Because, this never happened to me before but this is my first time to use the GoDaddy domain and host products.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User IV

@geekstechnika 

So I guess I'm a bit confused - You are using cloudflare but say the domain is parked?? What IP address do you have in cloudflare for the domain??

Perhaps CloudFlare grabbed the Parked IP address instead of the server IP when it imported the DNS information

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

My domain got parked after I applied the cloudflare nameservers. 

So, I just reverted back to the default nameservers and the domain didn't get parked but was able to get my whole website back in one piece. 

@geekstechnika 

That seems odd - CloudFlare normally just pulls in the current DNS settings - so unless the IP was the parked IP when that happened I don't know how else it could have been "parked"  unless you had some delay in seeing the name server updates

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

@PL281 I am not sure. Maybe I might have missed something along the way when I setup the cloudflare plugin and account. 

Should I try to re-do the plugin again and try to find out if I can get it to work with Cloudflare again? 

because, what I did before (not on GoDaddy) was like... I just gave the domain the dns I needed and stuff that comes the host. Then install WordPress. Then install the theme, plugins, etc. And Cloudflare comes last after installing WordFence. And of course, I have to login to the domain provider to change the nameservers and after an hour, I get cloudflare fully functional.

I did the same way with GoDaddy and it all seems weird. Unless GoDaddy has different ways of routing the DNS between domain and host.

@geekstechnika 

I never saw your reply and just got a notification on this - I wanted to see if this was still an issue (hopefully not) - If you had your domain pointed to the WordPress site before switching to Cloudflare everything should have worked just fine.

Cloudflare copies the active DNS records - When you first register a domain with GoDaddy it defaults to a parked page. Many shared hosting providers will use the shared server as the DNS server so even your site isn't live it would be pointed to the server. GoDaddy's DNS system is independent  of the hosting platform and therefore things don't get mapped until you link the domain to a hosting product.