cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Godaddy domain forwards to blogger folder and I cannot find the reference to delete it

I have managed the domain www. humblefactory .com through Godaddy for years. Originally, it went straight to a Blogger-hosted blogger blog, using Google's standard method for setting that up. Then, for a while I had the domain forward to a folder of another Blogger blog (though I cannot remember how I set that up). I just switched the domain back to go straight to a third blogger blog, and I cannot get the previous forwarding to stop happening, in spite of removing all the previous DNS records.

Is there anywhere else that forwarding to a folder could be defined? And if so, what is the best way to access and delete this dead reference? Thanks in advance hive mind!

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @dmuren,

Welcome to the Community!

Were you able to resolve your issue with the Blogger folder? A review of the domain shows that it's now directed to a GoDaddy parked page. You can use Google's instruction to get it re-assigned.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Thanks for the reply. This suggestion did not resolve the problem. I removed the parking, and all of the other instructions from that page are implemented. If you take a look, the root domain still resolves to https://www.dominicmuren.com/search/label/Humblefactory  Can you think of any other location (on godaddy's side) where this redirect could be being saved?

Hi @dmuren,

The URL string you show resolves to a 404, not to a page. page. An external lookup of the domain's DNS (for  dominicmuren.com) show there is no A record in place to direct to a hosting plan. If you're hosting with GoDaddy, you'll need to create an A Record that matches the IP address on your hosting plan. Where are you now hosting the website for this domain? Do you have any redirects in your content that would account for this folder showing?

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support