cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

How do I host a .rs domain on GoDaddy ?

I have a .rs domain, but i would like to use the GoDaddy hosting services because I have used the services with a domain I got from GoDaddy before, I know that the transfer of the domain to GoDaddy in not possible, I'm interested in if I am able to host the domain, and if I can, how do I do so.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Flehox,

Welcome to the Community!

As long as you have control of the zone files, or nameservers at your current registrar, you can use your domain with a hosting plan with GoDaddy. One you have the hosting set up here, you can choose to do one of two things.

If you want to use GoDaddy's DNS management, you can create off-site - or DNS Hosting - in GoDaddy. Once created, you'll use the nameservers provided here and have them changed to those nameservers at your current registrar for the domain.

The alternative is to update the A record in the DNS of the domain at the current registrar. You would change the record to the IP address of the hosting plan at GoDaddy. You would need to get the instruction for doing that at the domain provider.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Flehox,

Welcome to the Community!

As long as you have control of the zone files, or nameservers at your current registrar, you can use your domain with a hosting plan with GoDaddy. One you have the hosting set up here, you can choose to do one of two things.

If you want to use GoDaddy's DNS management, you can create off-site - or DNS Hosting - in GoDaddy. Once created, you'll use the nameservers provided here and have them changed to those nameservers at your current registrar for the domain.

The alternative is to update the A record in the DNS of the domain at the current registrar. You would change the record to the IP address of the hosting plan at GoDaddy. You would need to get the instruction for doing that at the domain provider.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post