cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

I can't change nameservers

Hi,

I have a domain and hosting service on godaddy. Now I prepared a site on another server and want to change nameservers according to information provided by them. On dns management page, there is no option to change NS records (please see attached image) and also i want to go on my e-mails on godaddy which i already have in my hosting plan. Just web page will be on other server. I tried on different browsers, result is same. I tried to contact to call-center, waited 4 times for 15 minutes and gave up. Please help me, thx.Clipboard01.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@msayin 

So you just need to put in the IP of the Name Servers as well. You can use this site to get the IP address of the servers https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

@msayin 

If you have a cPanel server then you would need to add an A record for mail and point it to the IP of the GoDaddy server - then add an MX record for mail.yourdomain.com

Where yourdomain.com is your actual domain.

Or if you are using GoDaddy's mail then you would add

MX @ mailstore1.secureserver.net (Priority: 10) 1 Hour  

MX @ smtp.secureserver.net (Priority: 0) 1 Hour

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

5 REPLIES 5
Super User IV

@msayin 

To change the name servers - just scroll down under the DNS Zone file and there is a button to change the servers and you can select custom and put in your servers.

You need to make sure there is a mx record pointed back to your email on GoDaddy on the new provider

At the screen where you adviced, system is asking IP adresses also. So, it doesn't work for me.

@msayin 

So you just need to put in the IP of the Name Servers as well. You can use this site to get the IP address of the servers https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/

It is solved but now on other server which info do I have to write for MX records?

@msayin 

If you have a cPanel server then you would need to add an A record for mail and point it to the IP of the GoDaddy server - then add an MX record for mail.yourdomain.com

Where yourdomain.com is your actual domain.

Or if you are using GoDaddy's mail then you would add

MX @ mailstore1.secureserver.net (Priority: 10) 1 Hour  

MX @ smtp.secureserver.net (Priority: 0) 1 Hour