cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

I did not receive renewal notifications before or after the expiration of my domain name.

Hello.

I owned domain 'stopwatch-timer.com'. Now it's lost. I do not understand what happened! I did not received any notifications to renew ever! I've rechecked both emails (GoDaddy's account and domain's contact). I've rechecked spam folder. Something definitely wrong on your side. Please explain. I want my domain back.

6 REPLIES 6
Super User II
Super User II

Re: I did not receive renewal notifications before or after the expiration of my domain name.

@dmitry_n wrote:

Hello.

I owned domain 'stopwatch-timer.com'. Now it's lost. I do not understand what happened! I did not received any notifications to renew ever! I've rechecked both emails (GoDaddy's account and domain's contact). I've rechecked spam folder. Something definitely wrong on your side. Please explain. I want my domain back.

@dmitry_n Godaddy sends multiple emails to the admin email on the account before the domain name completely expires. When did you notice the domain name was removed from your account?

---

Re: I did not receive renewal notifications before or after the expiration of my domain name.

I received nothing. No one email ever! I noticed a month after expiration. Years back I had received such kind of emails. So something got out of order.

Super User II
Super User II

@dmitry_n wrote:

I received nothing. No one email ever! I noticed a month after expiration. Years back I had received such kind of emails. So something got out of order.

@dmitry_n You may want to reach out to Godaddy and express your concern. When did the domain expire? Did you check your "expired domain" tab in your domain manager to see if it could be restored?

---

No, the domain has already been backordered by someone else. By the way, within GoDaddy registrar.

It turned out GoDaddy strongly obey MX records. If your domain miss it, GoDaddy doesn't even try to reach you with A record (as others do) nor lets you know that something wrong.

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

GoDaddy sends out 3-4 emails to the email on record for the domain before expiration and I believe 3 more after expiration during the grace period.

While I understand the frustration, it's up to the domain owner to make sure they maintain their domain, including the payment. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community