cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing subdomain does not work.

SubDomain Managing subdomain does not work. The "delete", "create new" and "edit" just say pending.

8 REPLIES 8

Chat support tried to fix but could not get it past the "pending " stage. One of the functions I paid for no longer works. Help / support provides no answers. Getting a bit tired of Go Daddy.

Hi @Kimaleon,

Welcome to the Community!

If you could provide the domain and subdomain, our Community users here could help with external look-ups to see what is directing - where. You may also wish to provide details on what purpose your subdomain is to provide on your hosting plan. If there is something in a "pending" process for an unreasonable amount of time, it may take the Advanced Technical support team to refresh the processing for you. No one in this Community would have that access to your domain or the tools for that action. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Thanks for your reply @TLH. Already went through tech support via "Chat".  Tech told me "I just did it for you." (Meaning it was fixed.) However, no change occurred. URL and Subs are listed below.
I duplicated the content from the domain (politz.com) on the Sub (story.politz.com) for testing purposes. Files appear as correctly uploaded to Sub folder.
Situation still looks like a server process malfunction to me.

politz.com
 4 Subdomains on politz.com (0 Selected)
< prev102550 (1 of 1) next >

Subdomain NameFolderStatusActions
  Domain Name Folder Status Actions

erotic
/erotic
Pending Removal

pics
/pics
Pending Removal

stories
/stories
Pending

story
/story
Pending

By the way, your statement here is exactly my guess.

(If there is something in a "pending" process for an unreasonable amount of time, it may take the Advanced Technical support team to refresh the processing for you)

Hi @Kimaleon,

It sounds like you may have a directory issue. You have not mentioned what hosting plan you are using. If you are on a Managed WordPress plan, only one domain is supported so you would not be able to use both the domain and the subdomain at the same time. 

If you are on our cPanel plan, the primary domain's website (and app, if used) gets placed into the public_html folder. All other domains or subdomains get assigned their own folder within the public_html folder. Only the Deluxe plan or higher will support more than one domain (or added subdomains). If you have an Economy plan, there can be only one website, placed within the proper root directory. If by any chance, you have our older, 4GH hosting plans (no cpanel), the same website limitation will apply.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Thanks for replying TLH.

I've had the "Economy Web Hosting Linux since 2013. And I've had two to four active subdomains on it  from 2014 until a couple of weeks ago when I marked two of them for deletion and added two more to replace them.

The Manage subdomains screen worked just fine for six years until now. My plan is always prepaid.

So, given that it has always worked and everything is prepaid, what changed on GoDaddy's end to freeze the subdomain management?

Thanks for replying TLH.

I've had the "Economy Web Hosting Linux since 2013. And I've had two to four
active subdomains on it from 2014 until a couple of weeks ago when I marked
two of them for deletion and added two more to replace them.

The Manage subdomains screen worked just fine for six years until now. My
plan is always prepaid.

So, given that it has always worked and everything is prepaid, what changed
on GoDaddy's end to freeze the subdomain management?

Robert H Politz

IBAX Management

Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

Robert.Politz@cox.net

You are not the only person experiencing this problem @Kimaleon.  When I spoke with support back in May, they informed me that they could do nothing about it, as the Linux platform was having to be upgraded and the Developers knew about the problem back April 2020.  Here it is more than 4 weeks later, and it still has not been resolved.  I currently have 4 pending delete, and 1 pending create for subdomains.

Hosting Plan: Deluxe Linux