cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Subdomain IP address and website

Dear Community,

I have a website built in GoDaddy and assigned to domain purchased from GoDaddy, fully functional. Now I need to create a subdomain, so I went to the Manage DNS and added a new A record with the host name(prefix). But I don't know what IP address should I use. I can see there is already a A record in the list, with host name as "@" and an IP address. Should I use the same IP address.

Another question, which I just want to confirm as I seen some topics in the forum already, is that how I am going to connect the subdomain to a sub page of my main website. The answers I have seen is basically not possible. I need to create a separate website to connect to the subdomain. Is that correct? 

One example I could think of is like au.godaddy.com and ca.godaddy.com that they are the subdomain of godaddy.com and they are connected to websites that are separate from godaddy.com.

Thanks all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@wangjueliang 

The answer to your first question is the IP address would be that of the server where you’re hosting the second website for example if you have a cPanel account and you’re setting up a second website on The same server as the first site it would have the same IP address. If you were using GoDaddy‘s websites + marking plan, This platform is for a single site. You wouldn’t have ability to create a second site under one license you would need to purchase an additional site. To your second question if you wanted to forward a subdomain Joy specific page that you can do within the Go Daddy DNS manager at the bottom. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@wangjueliang 

The answer to your first question is the IP address would be that of the server where you’re hosting the second website for example if you have a cPanel account and you’re setting up a second website on The same server as the first site it would have the same IP address. If you were using GoDaddy‘s websites + marking plan, This platform is for a single site. You wouldn’t have ability to create a second site under one license you would need to purchase an additional site. To your second question if you wanted to forward a subdomain Joy specific page that you can do within the Go Daddy DNS manager at the bottom. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post