cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

This site can’t be reached

Hello,
I'm trying to reach my website www.blackspire.org however it is timing out and I'm getting the error ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. I've tried multiple computers and had other try to contact the site, all resulting in the same connection error. I am using wordpress.

7 REPLIES 7
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: This site can’t be reached

@klavis 

I checked your domain and it does have GoDaddy nameservers, but it looks like you also have an A Record pointing to an Amazon IP?  

Maybe you can provide more details as to your hosting setup? 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

New

I've done nothing with AWS so I don't know why it would have anything to with Amazon. I used the godaddy automatic installation for my wordpress site,  which has been working normally for a few years.  What kind of information would help?

New

I've done nothing with AWS so I don't know why it would have anything to with Amazon. I used the godaddy automatic installation for my wordpress site,  which has been working normally for a few years.  What kind of information would help?

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@klavis 

Currently your domain is pointed to 13.239.138.31 which is the AWS IP that @Muse was referring to.

You will need to update your DNS to point it to the GoDaddy IP of your WordPress site.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

@PL281 

That was an easy fix. Any idea why it would have changed in the first place. I haven't messed with the DNS. 

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@klavis 

The only thing I can think of is if you had to do any validation for something and a utility updated it.

I can see from https://securitytrails.com/domain/blackspire.org/history/a

that the update appears to have happened about 2 months ago

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

@PL281 

Thanks, I guess I should check it more often then to make sure this doesn't happen again.