cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

UNABLE to change nameservers for .nl domain

Hi all,

I am trying to setup my hostname to point to my server hosted at DigitalOcean.

Following this guide I was able to set up all domains, accept for the .nl domain.
Here it is required for some reason to add an IP-address for the nameservers, as otherwise you get the error "the data provided cannot be used please correct it and resubmit your request".

I looked up the IP addresses with: > dig @ns1.digitalocean.com ANY digitalocean.com

ns2.digitalocean.com. 1800 IN A 173.245.59.41
ns3.digitalocean.com. 1800 IN A 198.41.222.173
ns1.digitalocean.com. 1800 IN A 173.245.58.51

and added the found IP-addresses.
But when trying to save it complains that I need to add an IP-address???!!! (IP-address required)

(tried to add a screenshot but this service is not working)

Addition, even when I select 'default' for 'Choose your nameserver type' it gives the 'IP-address required' message.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

The Dutch helpsdesk solved the problem 🙂

For anyone with the same problems:

.nl domains require an IP address for all nameservers.

It is not possible to change the nameservers in the default products/domains view, instead you need to change the view to the details view. There you can follow the link to make changes to the domain.

View solution in original post

Community Manager

Hi @milou. Thanks for posting. The IP addresses for nameservers change occasionally. In order to use the nameservers successfully, you'll want to look up the IPs manually to make sure you have the right ones. You can do so with a website like Verisign's Nameserver WHOIS or Dig Web Interface. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

8 REPLIES 8

The Dutch helpsdesk solved the problem 🙂

For anyone with the same problems:

.nl domains require an IP address for all nameservers.

It is not possible to change the nameservers in the default products/domains view, instead you need to change the view to the details view. There you can follow the link to make changes to the domain.

"It is not possible to change the nameservers in the default products/domains view, instead you need to change the view to the details view. There you can follow the link to make changes to the domain."

How do we change to detailed view?

when I try to add nameservers to my newly bought domain name with a .nl TLD.

I get the following error:

1. if I enter just the nameservers

"The specified data can not be used. Please correct this and submit your application again."

2. if I enter the nameservers and the ip address

"IP address is required"

this is the data I want to use:

NS1.DREAMHOST.COM            66.33.206.206
NS2.DREAMHOST.COM            208.97.182.10
NS3.DREAMHOST.COM            66.33.216.216

I tried to add a screenshot but (as other things on godaddy) it's not working...

any help here? I face the exact problem with my .nl website. Not able to change the name server even after adding the IP address

Hi folks,

The chat agents are currently unavailable and there is 23 minutes waiting time for an international call...

So hopefully the community can help!

For a new .nl domain everything is working perfectly, without errors..
For a transferrerd .nl domain I get the error "IP address is required for default nameservers.".

So I had to manually lookup en enter the IP addresses for the nameservers which seems to work

• ns81.domaincontrol.com 216.69.185.81
  • ns82.domaincontrol.com 208.109.255.81

Steps to reproduce:

• Manage DNS
  • Using default nameservers
  • Change
  • Choose your new nameserver type
  • Error: IP address is required

All ideas are welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Arjan

@ArjanvB wrote:

So I had to manually lookup en enter the IP addresses for the nameservers which seems to work

• ns81.domaincontrol.com 216.69.185.81
  • ns82.domaincontrol.com 208.109.255.81

I face exact problem. I have called Godaddy NL customer service. The representative Martin has provided the above Godaddy nameservers and IPS but these nameservers cannnot be applied. See attached photo.

I really need help. Please advise or please just set all my .nl domains' nameservers back to Godaddy. PLEASE!

godaddy_nameserver.jpg

Community Manager

Hi @milou. Thanks for posting. The IP addresses for nameservers change occasionally. In order to use the nameservers successfully, you'll want to look up the IPs manually to make sure you have the right ones. You can do so with a website like Verisign's Nameserver WHOIS or Dig Web Interface. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.