Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Sunflame
Getting Started

Unable to publish expired and renewed domain

Dear Community,

I have Godaddy domains for 8 years now. One of my domains has expired a few days ago which I have redeemed yesterday. I have Website + Marketing Standard for a few years now on this domain so I have been able to restore the website content and publish it through the website builder.

However, the site is still unavailbe (fandaro.eu), my email forwarding email address is lost and after publishing I get the Your site is almost ready message where I can view the content on a temporary site.

How can I fix this? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Sunflame,

If your DNS update was recent, please allow 24-48 hours for the DNS changes to resolve globally. If you are still not able to see your website after that, there are two quick things you can do. 

If I'm assuming correctly by the domain that you are located in Europe, you can replace "Website Builder Website" in the first A Record with the IP address as follows.

Then be sure to republish your website builder so that it connects with the new instruction. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Sunflame
Getting Started

This weekend I purchased one month Starter Linux Hosting with cPanel, published the site through it but still nothing appears on fandaro.eu. Also set up email address and email forwarding through Starter Linux Hosting with cPanel but when I send an email it is returned with "no such email address". 

Hope somebody has any idea what is going on, thank you in advance.

Sunflame
Getting Started

I am also using default nameservers and the DNS below:

A @ Website Builder Website 600 seconds Edit
CNAME www @ 1 Hour Edit
NS @ ns57.domaincontrol.com 1 Hour
NS @ ns58.domaincontrol.com 1 Hour
SOA @ Primary nameserver: ns57.domaincontrol.com. 1 Hour

Sunflame
Getting Started

Called the customer service yesterday..I was put on hold and waited about half an hour while the guy was investigating and the line broke. Still not working...This is crazy, it looks like I will have to cancel this account.

Hi @Sunflame ,

Welcome to the Community!

Your DNS is not being directed to any Website Builder. An external check shows the DNS directed through third-party nameservers to another location. We see no A Record listed for the domain. Have you recently changed the DNS? Any DNS changes can take 24-48 hours to resolve globally. 

Your email address will not work without the correct MX records on the domain. If you wish to have the domain resolve to a Websites+Marketing plan in your account, you'll need to reset the nameservers to the GoDaddy default. Once done, you can update the MX records using these instructions

Sunflame
Getting Started

Thank you for your reply.

Over the past week I was using the default DNS provided by Website + Marketing website builder, but the site did not work. This includes the default name servers and default A record. I never had to edit DNS before (website builder did it) so I did not touch it, but the site did not work with the DNS set up by website builder.

Maybe the problem is connected to the 3 day expiration period before redeeming. That is when the site stopped functioning.

Yesterday I have added a few records also found here in community posts like MX, but the site is still not working.

A @ Website Builder Website 600 seconds Edit
CNAME autoconfig @ 1 Hour Edit
CNAME autoconfig.admin @ 1 Hour Edit
CNAME autodiscover @ 1 Hour Edit
CNAME autodiscover.admin @ 1 Hour Edit
CNAME webmail @ 1 Hour Edit
CNAME whm @ 1 Hour Edit
CNAME www @ 1 Hour Edit
CNAME www.admin @ 1 Hour Edit
CNAME _domainconnect _domainconnect.gd.domaincontrol.com 1 Hour Edit
MX @ smtp.secureserver.net (Priority: 0) 1 Hour Edit
MX @ mailstore1.secureserver.net (Priority: 10) 1 Hour Edit
NS @ ns57.domaincontrol.com 1 Hour
NS @ ns58.domaincontrol.com 1 Hour
SOA @ Primary nameserver: ns57.domaincontrol.com. 1 Hour
TXT @ v=spf1 a mx ptr include:secureserver.net ~all 1 Hour Edit
TXT admin v=spf1 a mx ptr include:secureserver.net ~all 1 Hour

sing default nameservers
Nameserver                              IP Address
ns57.domaincontrol.com
ns58.domaincontrol.com

Hi @Sunflame,

If your DNS update was recent, please allow 24-48 hours for the DNS changes to resolve globally. If you are still not able to see your website after that, there are two quick things you can do. 

If I'm assuming correctly by the domain that you are located in Europe, you can replace "Website Builder Website" in the first A Record with the IP address as follows.

Then be sure to republish your website builder so that it connects with the new instruction. 

View solution in original post

Sunflame
Getting Started

Thank you for your time.

Indeed we are a business based in Europe.

I have replaced "Website Builder Website" in the first A Record with 160.153.136.3 on more than a day ago, but nothing seems to have changed. 

Emails sent to xx@fandaro.eu are also returned with "no such domain" error even though the MX DNS had been set up for days.

How can a whole domain vanish from Godaddy?

Website builder is supposed to deal with all the DNS stuff but neither does the Website builder nor the custom DNS work. Maybe it is a different problem?

Hi @Sunflame,

Please be sure to refresh your browser to see the current resolution of your domain. We're seeing it resolve well in several browsers to your Website Builder.

What type of email do you have? Is it Workspace email, cPanel email, or Office 365? Is it with GoDaddy or another provider. You'll want to confirm it's status in your GoDaddy account, then we can advise as to the correct DNS needed for that plan.

Sunflame
Getting Started

Thank you. The website started working with the provided IP address and we are really happy about it.

Email forwarding is no longer included with domain purchases in 2021 so we set up an email plan and this problem is also solved.

Thank you for your support.