cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Using a subdomain as a landing page - how do I build the page?!

So my website is photography and I want to create a subdomain to use as a landing page.  I want people to be able to click on an advert, be taken to a landing page separate to my website, where all they can do is either leave or click on "enquire now";then be taken to an enquiry page, and then to a thank you page - so lots of pages running separate to my main domain/website.

I "think" I have correctly created a subdomain using an A record, I'm still within 48 hours so I know it might not have updated properly yet - but if I google the subdomain name I get a 404 page come up.   But I can't figure out how I create my pages within the subdomain! Will the subdomain just appear within website builder once it's updated? Because website builder is currently connected to the main domain name and I can't see any options for creating pages within my subdomain.  

Very confused and I really don't want to ring support again for this! Thanks for any advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@350Chevy 

If you are using Websites + Marketing, you cannot map multiple domains / subdomains to the website / specific pages.

GoDaddy has some forwarding features with Sub domains which you can forward to a page on the site but I don't believe that is what you are looking for.

You might be able to create multiple "free"  Websites + Marketing accounts for each subdomain - but I've never tried that - keep in mind that each of these would be separate sites

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@350Chevy 

If you are using Websites + Marketing, you cannot map multiple domains / subdomains to the website / specific pages.

GoDaddy has some forwarding features with Sub domains which you can forward to a page on the site but I don't believe that is what you are looking for.

You might be able to create multiple "free"  Websites + Marketing accounts for each subdomain - but I've never tried that - keep in mind that each of these would be separate sites

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Thank you, yes I have a horrible feeling that despite having explained to two different godaddy support people exactly what I want, I don't think I'm going to be able to do it! I think I will have to wait until the 48 hours propagation time is up and then get back on the phone - again...

thank you for the reply anyway!