cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

adding my domain to my website

Hi all, i'm new to all of this so please bare with me,a few months ago i started to build my website using Adobe portfolio, i finally decided to buy a domain to make it easier and memorable, the problems started when i tried to add my domain to my website, also bare in mind i'm not very good with computers, i followed a you tube video to connect my domain telling me how to edit my dns details in godaddy, i tried my best to follow it but the video ended abruptly, can anyone help me please,i just cannot get it to connect, the first image is the godaddy screenshot, the second is the Adobe screenshot, thanks in advanceDomain Manager - Google Chrome 18_07_2019 19_47_21.pngDomain Manager - Google Chrome 18_07_2019 19_48_14.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: adding my domain to my website

@Adge47  It looks like you have been able to sort this out but the problem was coming from the record for @ and www pointing to different providers.  Both would need to point to the host for your website.

Type: A

Host/name: @

Points to/value: [hosting IP address]

Then there can be another A record like above for host www, or a CNAME can be used to like below that says use the same IP address as the bare domain.

Type: CNAME

Host/name: www

Points to/value: @

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Resolver VI
Resolver VI

Hello To connect your domain name to your website you’ll need to change your nameservers. How you change your nameservers depends on where your domain is registered and where your website is registered.

Use the table below to find the scenario that's applicable to your situation and follow those instructions.

My domain is registered with My website is hosted with Follow these instructions...

GoDaddyGoDaddySet nameservers for domains hosted & registered with GoDaddy
GoDaddyAnother Company

First, get the names of your nameservers from your website hosting company.

Then, change your domain to use your website hosting company's nameservers

Another CompanyGoDaddy

First, find out what your GoDaddy nameservers are

Then, provide them to the company where your domain is registered

Another CompanyDNS Hosting (formerly known as "Off-Site DNS")Manage DNS zone files for your domain registered at another company
GoDaddyVPS/Dedicated
here

First, create your own nameservers

Then, update your domain name to use your newly created nameservers

For more help, https://pk.godaddy.com/help/manage-dns-zone-files-680

Zulfiqar Anees | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb | GoDaddy Pro.
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

@Adge47  It looks like you have been able to sort this out but the problem was coming from the record for @ and www pointing to different providers.  Both would need to point to the host for your website.

Type: A

Host/name: @

Points to/value: [hosting IP address]

Then there can be another A record like above for host www, or a CNAME can be used to like below that says use the same IP address as the bare domain.

Type: CNAME

Host/name: www

Points to/value: @

View solution in original post