cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Cannot Receive Email

I've been trying to fix this issue for months. I can send email from my webmail account but cannot receive it. The bounce back email error says "DNS Error: 9636556 DNS type 'mx' lookup of leahfreemanphotography.com responded with code SERVFAIL"

I have verified my MX record with Bluehost is correct:

0@smtp.secureserver.net14400
10@mailstore1.secureserver.net14400

Has anyone experienced similar issues with Bluehost and Godaddy? 

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Cannot Receive Email

Hey there @leah24,

Per LeafDNS, your nameservers did not return any MX records for your domain. This will cause mail servers to use the A record for leahfreemanphotography.com. as the mail exchanger.

I can also see that your nameservers are at Bluehost, which means they have full control of your DNS Zone File. It looks like you have the right MX entries but for some reason Bluehost's DNS managment system isn't accepting them. 

Best advice is to contact Bluehost's support function and inquire with them why your MX records aren't propagating.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
New

Thank you! I will follow up with BlueHost.

Hi 

I am Very upset because i can't receive email verification.

i tried alot of times but cannot receive please help me how how i place my domain to blogger