cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Changing Hosting Company

Hi Everyone, I have a quick question.

The company that has been hosting my website and e-mails will not be doing it much longer since I'm switching companies. I was wondering how do I transfer my e-mail without screwing everything up? I purchased the domain myself. The new company that I will be using doesn't host any e-mails.

So they told me to go through my Go Daddy account. I want to keep my same e-mail address

Any information would be great. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rockstar II

@acproelec wrote:

The company that has been hosting my website and e-mails will not be doing it much longer since I'm switching companies. I was wondering how do I transfer my e-mail without screwing everything up? I purchased the domain myself. The new company that I will be using doesn't host any e-mails.

So they told me to go through my Go Daddy account. I want to keep my same e-mail address

@acproelec Not really sure what question you're asking. Are you planning on using Godaddy as your hosting provider? I would setup a gmail account and then pull all of your emails from your other host into that gmail account, this way they are not lost. When you setup hosting/email through Godaddy you can simply change the mail settings. I use gmail for all of my emails and it also acts as an off server storage for those emails as well.

---

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rockstar II

@acproelec wrote:

@acproelec Not really sure what question you're asking. Are you planning on using Godaddy as your hosting provider? I would setup a gmail account and then pull all of your emails from your other host into that gmail account, this way they are not lost. When you setup hosting/email through Godaddy you can simply change the mail settings. I use gmail for all of my emails and it also acts as an off server storage for those emails as well.

---

View solution in original post