cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sporadic cPanel Email delivery issue

Hi

I have recently taken over managing a non for profit sports clubs email and web site...and their biggest concern was email is only working sporadically. I can confirm this but cannot put my finger on the exact issue or where to look for further info.

I have tried the Email Track Delivery option in cPanel but getting nothing there, which suggests this feature is not enabled by GoDaddy?

I have had reports that our users will send an email to multiple recipients and when speaking with the recipients, some do receive the email some do not. I have also had reports that people cannot reply to these emails!

My test today...

Using a GoDaddy hosted email, I emailed the group of users and some of my personal email addresses...

First hosted address got the email, but could not respond. "Your message failed to send. Please contact your email admin for support." (iPhone)

1 out of 3 of my addresses got the email, could respond. (Outlook + Webmail)

A second hosted address got the email, replied to all...and 1 of the 2 personal addresses, that never got the first email, got the reply!! (Webmail)

2 more users have replied after i prompted them to look into it... (iPhones)

This is doing my head in - any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

KK

10 REPLIES 10
Super User IV

@KootyKougars 

1) What is the domain?

2) Where is the email hosted?

3) Is the delivery issue when a form / something is done on the website or just directly from someone's email to them

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Sorry for the delay in reply.

1. kootingalkougars.com.au

2. GoDaddy

3. Direct emails is all we're dealing with in this instance.

Thanks

@KootyKougars 

So the good news is the IP / Domain are not on any blacklists - I would set up an SPF record for the domain and see if that helps.

I didn't see anything off hand that would suggest what is going on. Personally, I don't like running email on the same server as the website as if there are any issues with the server due to the website your email could then be down as well.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Im not sure how to setup a SPF? The guide I looked at suggested I use 'Email Deliverability' in cPanel...I do not have this option?

@KootyKougars 

The Email Delivery in cPanel is a reporting feature - SPF is a DNS record 

I would use this - 

v=spf1 include:secureserver.net –all 

This is because mail is coming through the GoDaddy server that is why you use secureserver.net 

Ok so I was looking in the wrong place, but have found the following already configured...

TXT@v=spf1 a mx ptr include:secureserver.net ~all1 Hour
TXTadminv=spf1 a mx ptr include:secureserver.net ~all1 Hour

Is there a problem with 2 entries and should I remove 'a mx ptr' from them?

Thanks for your help on this, really appreciated.

@KootyKougars 

Based on that everything should be working ok....

Just to reconfirm you issue...

On the cPanel server you have email1@kootingalkougars.com.au

You go into the webmail and do an email to email1@gmail.com email2@gmail.com and email1@yahoo.com and not all the emails are delivered?

Clients are emailing predominantly from mobile phones using the mail client or Outlook and thats where we have the inconsistencies.

I will do some more testing and go from there. Appreciate your help...its a curly one as its never the same **bleep** result.

KK,

This is EXACTLY the same problem as I have been having one and off for over a year. Suddenyl starts working fine for a while and then suddenly I have the same kind of problems you describe. The problem is, it has started happening a lot more frequently wince around December and I now find this is almost a daily problem.

Did you get anywhere with GoDaddy? I have been in contact with support several times recently (on with them right now) and they seem rather more interested in selling me Office365 than actually fixing the problem which MUST be their problem since I am by far not the only one affected!

It is so frustrating and is causing me and my users really big problems!

Stuart

I am not certain that it is GoDaddy, but probably more a problem with cPanel email which is rather lack luster but the frustrations backed by the support I got from GoDaddy was enough for me to switch hosting providers. Check out Phoenix Webmasters - small company but great service and support. Well priced too.