cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Wordpress + Office365 + Contact Form7

For some strange reason there doesn't seem to be any proper procedure anywhere explaining how to setup Contact Form7 on a GoDaddy hosted Wordpress site, with a GoDaddy Office365 email address...

After wasting hours browsing through posts, I was able to find that:

1. Natively Wordpress cannot use Office365 emails (SMTP) and a plugin is required: WP Mail SMTP. This is not a GoDaddy's issue.
  2. GoDaddy has implemented filters preventing from linking Wordpress to Office365 using the regular credentials (port 587 and Server: smtp.office365.com). Great job guys, getting customer to spend money on options while making their life harder!

So for the record, can someone finally write a clear procedure highlighting how users are supposed to setup their systems?

What need to be entered on WP Mail SMTP, and what changes must be made (if any) on any other parameter (DNS, MX, default domain email etc).

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 22.04.53.png

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Wordpress + Office365 + Contact Form7

@WordpressUser 

Unfortunately, WordPress is a third-party product, so GoDaddy has no control over how it's coded. Contact Form 7 is also a third-party product. WP Mail SMTP is also a third-party product.

I would suggest reviewing the documentation for the plugins themselves to see if they offer a procedure for doing what you need them to do. There are over 50K plugins in the WordPress Plugin Repository. GoDaddy can't make detailed instructions for each one. Reviewing the documentation will help and you should probably contact the plugin makers to see if they have any advice. I haven't watched the whole video, but this may help. (Links to YouTube.)

Additionally, those ports are closed down on shared servers for security. If you purchase a VPS or Dedicated Server, you should have no problems using them. If you decide to move to a different hosting company because those ports are opened on their shared server settings, be warned that it's a security hole and you will probably get a malware infection at some point if you don't take extra precautions. 

I know that's not what you wanted to hear but the development of your site is on the site owner, not GoDaddy. They're just you're hosting company. It's up to the developer to figure out how to make the thing work. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community