cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email forwarding to gmail account

would like to use my Gmail address for my wordpress website which is hosted by godaddy. However I cannot get any emails to send without error, I have tried a few WP smtp plugins but they fail when authenticating. I'm building a website for a client who chose Go daddy for hosting and its finished only this holding it back from going live, I have never used godaddy before and have built many websites and never had an issue with any email clients, often it just requires an api key but this looks like godaddy are blocking ports

Any help would be much appreciated Smiley Happy

6 REPLIES 6

Re: email forwarding to gmail account

NOTE:

Due to not being able to authenticate If I change the email address within WP website its not sent out so the message within wordpress "The new address will not become active until confirmed." remains as it cant be confirmed due to no outgoing mail Smiley Sad

PS: Wordpress was installed through godaddy so not an external issue.

Super User III
Super User III

@AlanDogg 

Is the website on a cPanel account or Managed WordPress - not that this should matter, but it's possible. Also again while not a direct impact, does the domain it sending from have an SPF record that could be blocking something

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi,
The account is "Managed Wordpress" Dont see an SPF record anywhere? Its defo something to do with Godaddy side Smiley Sad

thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Digging a little deeper am I right in saying in order to use email forwarding on godaddy I also have to purchase an email package from them also in order to forward mail? If this is the case then all i can say is its a b*oody rip off!

anyone?

Super User III
Super User III

@AlanDogg 

You shouldn't need to purchase any other products.... 

Ok so you are on Managed WordPress - Regards the SPF Record...

This is something that would be configured in the DNS for your domain for example if you were using office 365 there is an SPF record that is normally added which says if it doesn't come from the office 365 server it is most likely spam and services like GMail will then reject the mail all together.

1) I would recommend installing https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-logging/ this will allow you see the outbound mail and if there are any errors

2) If you post your domain here (or in a direct message) I can take a look at the DNS settings for you

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community