cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

is godaddy shutting down email hosting and switching to office365?

We have our email hosted with godaddy right now and would like to seamlessly transition to a new godaddy account without losing any emails and if necessary switch to office365 if this is the new email platform in godaddy. Is there information on this procedure available or has anyone else done this?

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: is godaddy shutting down email hosting and switching to office365?

Hey there @dipiazzalaw,

I'm not aware of anything internal suggesting GoDaddy is moving away from hosting email, although it probably would be a fiscally intelligent decision to make as a business. I do know that their deal with Microsoft is pretty solid and, to be fair, the O365 offering is better overall than the WorkSpace email. Not due to functionality but due to having more modern features.

There are several ways to move over, but if you're moving to O365, the easiest and most problem free way of migrating and making sure everything is smooth is to just contact GoDaddy, purchase your mailboxes, and pay to have them migrate it. If you're migrating multiple mailboxes be sure to ask if there are any discounts. You may get some sticker shock at first on pricing, but trust me, it's worth it if you want to have a good email option for your business that will increase your productivity.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community