cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP access removed when Application permissions heightened.

I have an external company uploading and xml file to a folder location on my website via FTP.  I have an umbraco application that has a scheduled task to check the folder and import the XML. Once the import if finished it then move the xml file to a child archive folder. 

I created the FTP account so that it only has access to that folder and the upload is working fine.  The problem i am having is that when i increase the permissions on either the Plesk IIS worker Process account or the application pool group so that the umbraco application has permission to move the XML to the FTP account gets removed as a user for that folder. 

My question is, what are the correct permissions to assign to the FTP account and to the Plesk IIS worker process account and Application Pool group so that the FTP upload can happen and my application has the necessary permissions for perform the File move.  

The website is plesk site being hosted on the godaddy shared hosting Ultimate account. The application is a ASP.net umbraco CMS with customisations. The XML file that i am reading in is in the REAXML format.  All the settings i have access to are through the plesk admin console. WHen the permissions are correct the whole import process is working fine. 

Edited for additional information

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Hi @Andrew77. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It may help others provide suggestions if you provide more information about your setup. It sounds like you are using a VPS or Dedicated Server. You may want to provide your operating system specs and other information. Hopefully, that helps you get a response. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

@JesseW Thanks for the tip.  Have updated my original post.