cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Unable to add MS SQL Server in Plesk

how to add new Database of my MS SQL Server in to Plesk. it is allowing only for MsSql database i.e. for PHP only. but i have created a website in ASP.NET so now how can i do this.....???? pls help

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper III
Solution

Re: Unalbe to add MS SQL Server in Plesk

Hello @Coolweb,

Here are two links that should be able to help you out:

https://godaddy.com/help/create-mysql-or-ms-sql-databases-16017

https://godaddy.com/help/installing-mssql-and-mylittleadmin-on-parallels-plesk-panel-10-windows-serv...

I hope this helps,

Please feel free to ask any other questions!

Harry Brand - Here to help out the community

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution

I had this issue which remained unresolved a for while but found out that mysql has issues when logging in via Microsift SQl Management Studio.

Instead, I would ask you to use the Microsoft SQL Server database option as opposed to mysql and it should work.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Helper III
Solution

Hello @Coolweb,

Here are two links that should be able to help you out:

https://godaddy.com/help/create-mysql-or-ms-sql-databases-16017

https://godaddy.com/help/installing-mssql-and-mylittleadmin-on-parallels-plesk-panel-10-windows-serv...

I hope this helps,

Please feel free to ask any other questions!

Harry Brand - Here to help out the community

Highlighted

i have seen this link before this but is not showing any option for MS SQL server database. it is only showing option for creating PHP database i.e. MySql

Highlighted
New

Hi,

the original post was not answered, i have the same question.

we want to create SQL server instances and access them to create databases in plesk in Virtual Provate Server (not shared server).

aftr creating sql server instances, we are unable to find it/connect it to it via mssql server management studio app so we cannot create our databases

even the plesk itself is giving an error

it seems the error in plesk is due to the default authentication mode on the server being Windows authentication 

and we cannot see how to call that new instance from the plesk interface.

we tried localhost, we tried the ip address but to no avail

Highlighted
New

Re: Unable to add MS SQL Server in Plesk

I have the same problem!

To be clear - on the Add New Database form the 'Type' field only gives MySql for my account.  There is no option for MSSQL.  I have created MSSQL databases before but the option has disappeared.

Anyone who can help please do.

Highlighted

Hey @eh1960@Coolweb@ramzi,

By chance, are your plans using the max number of available MS SQL databases? Keep in mind that the Economy and Deluxe plans only allow you to setup 1-2 MS SQL databases. If you've already setup your max allotment, the default behavior of creating a new database will be automatically assigned to MySQL.

If you're still showing available credits for MS SQL, then you'll want to reach out to our live support so our hosting team can help investigate what is causing this to occur. Beyond that, you might also consider upgrading to Ultimate which has a much higher allotment of MS SQL database accounts you can setup. 

Let us know if this helps. Smiley Happy

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Highlighted
New

Yes, thank you, that's the answer.  I have a deluxe account and didn't realize there is a 2 MSSQL limit.

Thanks for solving it.  The "solved" link above is incorrect as the reader (as so often happens) didn't really read the question.

Eric

Highlighted
New

This didn't solve it - the poster is saying they know how to add a database but the MS SQL option is not available, only MYSQL (there's a misprint in their post).  Please adjust the "solved" link to refelct the discussion below.

Highlighted

Hello,

I am having the exact same issue. I verified and I only have 1 active DB. I am able to connect via the SQL management Studio using the IP/UN/PW but when I run the site using these credentials it does not see the database. I get error:

[HttpException (0x80004005): A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible.

I tried 100 different ways to put this information in the web.config file and none have worked. I called the support team and they could not provide any assistance on what the correct syntax should be. Here is my current connection string: (Replaced secure info with x's)

<add name="BHPConn" connectionString="Data Source=188.121.44.214,xxxxx;User ID=DBUserName;Password=DBPassword;Initial Catalog=WingtipToys;Integrated Security=True;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

Any assistance I can get is greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
New

Hi @Coolweb

You should download  SQL server management studio express 2012 and connect to the database using that. That's what I did. 

FYI when using SSMS 2012:

server type = database engine

server IP = whatever your IP is for the database

user Id= database user name

password= database password

Highlighted
New

Hi @Sir_Ob1

Try for connection string in web.config: "Data Source=188.121.44.214; Initial Catalog=database name;User Id=database user ID or name;Password=db password"   providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

See if this works for you.

Highlighted
New

Hi again @Coolweb

I actually tried to connect remotely to my database using SSMS 2012. I received an error that I could not access the backend for the database. I then tried it with SSMS 2014 and was able to access my database and add a table to it. I went to Plesk to see if anything new with webadmin and was able to see my little admin which showed my new table. I am going to use the connection string that my little admin uses to connect to the database. I 'll keep you informed of my progress.

Highlighted
New

Hello,

I, too can connect to my database using ssms 2014 but now having problem with connection string in my code. After I created the new table in my database, I was able to go into MyLittleAdmin and see the database with its new table. I looked at the connection string it used and am trying it in my code. This is the string from MyLittleAdmin: Data Source=###.##.###.###;Integrated Security=False;User ID=xxxxxx;Connect Timeout=15;Encrypt=False;Packet Size=4096. I'll keep you informed of my progress.

Highlighted

I have a Economy VPS server, as per godaddy statement  we could create MSSQL database on windows hosting 1 or 2, I am not able to create even a single database on it, The option provided shows MSSQL to create but It gives a port error when trying to create an MSSQL server.

Highlighted

I have the same problem, Is there a solution?

Highlighted

gg

Highlighted

Hi,

I have unlimited hosting plan.

I am trying to add mssql database but by default it takes mysql database only (i have only 2 ms sql database currently).

If i try copy existing ms sql database it gives error:

Error: There are no available resources of this type (MS SQL databases) left. Requested: 1; available: 0.

How to solve this problem.

THanks

Highlighted
New

Hi I have followed your instructions but still unable to upload the database

Highlighted
Solution

I had this issue which remained unresolved a for while but found out that mysql has issues when logging in via Microsift SQl Management Studio.

Instead, I would ask you to use the Microsoft SQL Server database option as opposed to mysql and it should work.