cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

GoDaddy SSL

It seems to me that GoDaddy is price gouging when it comes to their SSLs. By purchasing a managed WordPress you are not able to use a third-party SSL certificates, yet the prices to buy SSL are extremely uncompetitive-- yet there are no other options. I find this particularly offensive because I'm already spending a good amount of money at GoDaddy by using them for hosting and other services. It seems like pretty shady customer service to then additionally charge an arm and a leg for SSL through them. Does anyone know of a different way to use SSL through a GoDaddy managed WordPress without having to use their own exploitative options? 

This is the first big disappointment I've had with them so far, and it feels significant enough that as soon as my products run out, I'm going to switch to a different platform. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

It is unfortunate you can't use 3rd party certificates, but Managed WordPress is a premium service that comes with the added tools and features.  The best value is the Ultimate as it includes the SSL, malware scans/removal, and backup protection which would basically add up to the price of the plan.

Alternatively you could switch over to cPanel Web Hosting which is a little cheaper anyway and allows 3rd party certificates.  Though that would mean losing the features that make the Managed WordPress plans, I'm not sure how important any are to you.  But the cPanel plans do have one-click installation of WordPress.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

It is unfortunate you can't use 3rd party certificates, but Managed WordPress is a premium service that comes with the added tools and features.  The best value is the Ultimate as it includes the SSL, malware scans/removal, and backup protection which would basically add up to the price of the plan.

Alternatively you could switch over to cPanel Web Hosting which is a little cheaper anyway and allows 3rd party certificates.  Though that would mean losing the features that make the Managed WordPress plans, I'm not sure how important any are to you.  But the cPanel plans do have one-click installation of WordPress.

View solution in original post