cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

None of the common names in the certificate match the name that was entered

Hello im getting a "None of the common names in the certificate match the name that was entered " error message on a new SSL cert I ordered. How do I fix this? I have done certs before but this one had me verify the domain which I did but behold this was the only one I had a problem with. I can see in the Server chain via ssl checker ,the common name is wrong, actually belonging to a previous SSL I ordered.   May have been in the confusion of dealing with the verification it was pasted wrong, I dont know. Point is now I need to fix it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So I had to basically rekey the cert. You can do this through godaddy. Manage SSL certs > There is a "all" link that is somewhat hidden on the page upper left of screen. Click on the url in question then you "rekey and manage". "Change the site that your certificate protects" to fix the common name issue. Then "Re-Key certificate" allows you to generate a new CSR and get a new SSL cert. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

So I had to basically rekey the cert. You can do this through godaddy. Manage SSL certs > There is a "all" link that is somewhat hidden on the page upper left of screen. Click on the url in question then you "rekey and manage". "Change the site that your certificate protects" to fix the common name issue. Then "Re-Key certificate" allows you to generate a new CSR and get a new SSL cert. 

View solution in original post