cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

website was hacked

When directed to my website an ad comes up claiming you're the 5th winner!  How does this get fixed? My real estate biz will suffer as I'm sending listings and my clients can't open them up!!  Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@tmcosta1116 

Sorry to hear this!  😞

First thing to do is change all your passwords!  Depending on the severity of the hack is how long it will take to remove the malicious code and get your site back.

GoDaddy offers a service that does this -- cost depends on what is involved.  But the sooner you order it and get the ball rolling the sooner you site will be back.  😉

Judith
"No pressure, no diamonds." Thomas Carlyle

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II

@tmcosta1116 

Sorry to hear this!  😞

First thing to do is change all your passwords!  Depending on the severity of the hack is how long it will take to remove the malicious code and get your site back.

GoDaddy offers a service that does this -- cost depends on what is involved.  But the sooner you order it and get the ball rolling the sooner you site will be back.  😉

Judith
"No pressure, no diamonds." Thomas Carlyle

View solution in original post

I did Chang all my passwords. This happened once before, when I got a new laptop and resolved either after downloading Norton Antivirus or if it just resolved itself. Either way, it’s annoying.

Sent from my iPhone