cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Categories disappeared

So I was working on my website and all my categories disappeared. They're still in the front end but nothing in the backend. 

Also in the posts page, it says I have 52 pages but it's showing only 14.  I had a tool to show all posts on the front end and it's showing a lot of spamming posts yet I can't find them in the backend. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Categories disappeared

Hi @msheshtawy,

Welcome to our forums. Without having access to your account and the hosted domain, it would be difficult to determine the issue via our forums. I suggest reaching out to our support team to look into this. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Categories disappeared

I had this same problem.  I purchased Site Lock from Go Daddy so I thought I would be protected from malware.  After I found this topic on the Wordpress support site I used a plugin called Anti-Malware by Eli.  I ran the scan several times and on the 4th run it found the exact malicious code others had reported.  After the malware was removed, all of my categories returned and I could see and delete the 40+ malicious posts and the categories they had created.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/categories-and-menu-structure-gone-from-dashboard-but-still-work...