Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
s1am
New

Unable to connect to Jetpack. "The Jetpack server was unable to communicate with your site..."

I'm trying to active Jetpack on a client's site and get the following error "The Jetpack server was unable to communicate with your site https://www.fresame.com [HTTP 403]. Ask your web host if they allow connections from WordPress.com."

I've contacted GoDaddy support twice and both times they told me I installed a firewall that is blocking Jetpack. First, neither I or the client have installed a firewall or added Jetpack to the firewall. Second, on both occasions, support said they updated the firewall to allow Jetpack and to give it a few hours and try again. This was several days ago and still can't connect to Jetpack.

I tried disabling the GoDaddy firewall temporarily but every time I do, it's re-enabled. There are no security plugins installed either.

I've tried disabling all other plugins and switching the Twenty-Twenty theme with no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
PL281
Super User IV

@s1am 

It appears you are using CloudFlare - Here is a help document from JetPack about using Cloudflare and disabling it for the admin - 

https://jetpack.com/support/getting-started-with-jetpack/configure-jetpack-cloudflare/

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

s1am
New

Thanks for the suggestion. I had to pause Cloudflare to get it working since the above link didn't fix the issue even after following the steps outlined by Jetpack.

3 REPLIES 3
PL281
Super User IV

@s1am 

It appears you are using CloudFlare - Here is a help document from JetPack about using Cloudflare and disabling it for the admin - 

https://jetpack.com/support/getting-started-with-jetpack/configure-jetpack-cloudflare/

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thanks for the suggestion. I needed up having to pause Cloudflare to get it working since following the steps in the link above didn't fix it. I also have Jetpack and Cloudflare working fine together on 4 other websites. So I'm not sure why this one had an issue.

Also, why was my question marked as solved? I guess GoDaddy marks your questions as solved even if the answer doesn't solve the problem.

s1am
New

Thanks for the suggestion. I had to pause Cloudflare to get it working since the above link didn't fix the issue even after following the steps outlined by Jetpack.