• VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Open Non Standard Port on VPS

Hi,

I have a Managed VPS Service from GoDaddy. I am running a website on port 80. I have another application which will use a non standard TCP port i.e. 9000.

I have already added the exception in the Firewall but still I am not able to communicate to the port 9000 from outside VPS.

So, anyone in the Community know or can suggest, how do I open the port 9000 to receive requests from internet?

Thanks & Regards

5 REPLIES 5
    Helper VI

Hello @mrperfectionist

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 9000 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --sport 9000 -j ACCEPT

D= destination so incoming
    S= source so outgoing.

Hope this helps you.

Good luck.

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

Hi @Adrian8

I own a windows VPs.I have a windows service which runs on non standard port 8081,I already created both inbound and outbound rules in windows fireWALL .Even then the port is not open.Can you please let meknow how to do this?

Thanks

Vsingh

Hi GoDaddy expert,
    I own a Linux hosting with GoDaddy and I'm running a phone web application. At the moment I'm trying to run a Java service in port 80, but it's rejecting. Could you please let me know how to enable this port or could it be some other issue. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Would you happen to know how to open port 2195 on VPS?

I have a VPS server (Centos) Managed. i am sending emails from the server through php script, the mails goes to whm - queue manger.  I tried to test my port number 25. below message showing. no response. root@9466233 ~]cPs# telnet gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com 25 Trying 74.125.197.26... Can you any one please help me