• GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

SORBS blacklisted IP

So apparently my IP was blacklisted about 10 years before I got a new VPS with that IP. I've contacted SORBS, and they say to work with Go Daddy. Where do I start? 166.62.44.4

Any and all help would be great.

Thanks,

Lyle

10 REPLIES 10
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: SORBS blacklisted IP

Hello @msibleyj, please reach out to our live support teams for assistance with getting this IP unblocked, or getting a new one assigned.  Thanks. 

MPC

Thanks. What is the best way to contact them?

Cust ID: 144477256, UNFORTUNATEY, bought the godaddy domain and hosting service. EMAILS not being delivered to the recipients. Following up since 2 months. * No call backs after fake assurances. * Problem is still there. * Mails are not being delivered. gmail ID: shaileshnagpal@gmail.com * Checked over internet that IP is blacklisted in SORBS DUHL. * GO DADDY doesn't have solution for this. * Either I want refund or the solution to this issue. * Facing a huge business loss due to undelivered mails. WORST SERVICE _ GODADDY

New

I have the same problem! @MPC

I purchased a VPS in 2014 and recently discovered the entire IP range for my server was blacklisted by sorbs in 2003 way before I purchsed the VPS. GOdaddy sold me a server with an IP that was within an IP range that was already blacklisted since 2003! Whats worse is support will not fix the problem. Trying to force me into buying a new server!

All these years of lost emails. What a mess!

New

@MPC My IP was part of that exact range! So Now we have confirmation that GODADDY has know about this problem since at least 2016 when this thread was created and has done nothing. Didn't even notify us. 

166.62.40.0/22 

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 3.12.01 PM.png

Helper I

Same issue:

https://in.godaddy.com/community/VPS-Dedicated-Servers/GoDaddy-Static-IP-ranges-listed-in-SORBS-DUHL...

Talked to GoDaddy support and said case #30025307 been open since July with GoDaddy's "email team", but "not to hold my breath".  Um, SORBS doesn't take 2 years, let alone 2 months to respond to valid network operator requests.

Helper I

The other kicker here is GoDaddy doesn't provide reverse DNS entries for VPS static IPs.  Which means, when an email host/provider receives an email from your IP it resolves to secureserver.net - so your email gets treated based on the reputation score of all GoDaddy IPs - not just your individual domain.  This causes more problems than simply being listed  in SORBS DUHL, since it increases the chances that your emails will end up in the recipients Spam folder.  The lack of rDNS also prevents resolving the SORBS DUHL issue individually (since if your rDNS pointed to your domain you could request to delist yourself).

Helper I

GoDaddy is shooting itself in the foot by not allowing rDNS for domains hosted and registered with them (and which they can easily verify via forward DNS).  Now, all emails sent by any GoDaddy VPS IP are treated the same (low reputation), versus having just individual domains/IPs get blacklisted.

Helper I

Here is the response from SORBS

This is not a SPAM listing.

The SORBS DUHL listing is used to list Dynamic IPs. Unfortunately a Dynamic IP
    cannot be removed from the DUHL list, since that is what the DUHL list is, a
    list of dynamic IPs. When the IP was listed, or why you are using the IP, has
    nothing to do with it.

If this address is actually static, the regional Internet registry contact for
    the address (your Internet service provider) should contact us with details of
    their statically and dynamically assigned ranges. Further to prevent relisting
    the reverse DNS names should be set to indicate static assignment.

Delisting is also possible by having the reverse DNS set to the same as the MX
    record for a domain. However, please be aware that the DNS PTR, MX and A
    records should have a minimum Time-to-Live of 12 hours.

What identifies the IP as dynamic, are the markers in the PTR. For example; key
    strings like dhcp, pool, dyn, cable, DSL, dial, cpe, cust, RES, IP address,
    etc.

So

1. GoDaddy is advertising "1 Dedicated IP" yet actually assigning IPs listed as dynamic is SORBS DUHL.  Email originating from Dynamic IPs are treated as spam.
    2. GoDaddy has failed to reclassify these IPs with SORB DUHL
    3. The fact the reverse DNS contains the IP address in the domain name is what makes SORBS DUHL continue to classify these as dynamic.  By definition, if the IP were static, it would have an actual domain assigned to it in reverse DNS.  So, failing to allow reverse DNS is directly causing these IPs to be treated as spam.

Any of you guys find a solution to this? 

We use Google Suite and one of their shared IP's is also on the SORBS list and I cannot find a solution to add a PTR or Reverse DNS entry for it.