• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Where do I put my API Key on my website

Can anyone steer me in the right direction for adding an API key to my new website? This API Key comes from a 3rd party Point of Sale product that has the ability to show product inventory on your website. I'm a non-technical person, so this matter seems to be above my pay grade.

** I grabbed this question from the forums because I have the same question and this one doesn't appear to have been answered, does anyone have any suggestions or can anyone offer any advice ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Nasyra 

You explained that very well. Let me see if I can help connect the rest of the "dots"

So the GoDaddy Websites + Marketing product is a "closed" system meaning you as the end user cannot add additional features and functionality to it, nor does it have plugins which can be added to it.

Some 3rd party systems can be integrated with a snippet of HTML which would actually display code from the 3rd party system on your site - you would put this into a HTML box on one of the pages of your site. 

Websites + Marketing has integration with Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Facebook, Google Shopping and Walmart - This integration allows you to have products in multiple places but a single inventory and both systems pull from the same "lot"

I am assuming that is what you are attempting to do. I'm not sure when you say you were told you would need to speak to the next level if that was at GoDaddy or at the Inventory Folks - It if was from the inventory folks they may not be familiar with the GoDaddy system.

If they can just give you a snippet of HTML to place on the page then you are fine - the API key would be within the code they provide you. If they are looking / asking for anything more than that, then more than likely you will not be able to integrate this 3rd party system with the Website + Marketing site.

Hope this clarifies it for you.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User IV

@Nasyra 

The only marketplaces / gateways that Websites + Marketing can be linked with are those in the dashboard. If your POS system is not listed then it is not available to be linked with.

If that is the case and you need to integrate it into your website, then you need to look at something like WordPress

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

I don't mean to appear ignorant, but my knowledge of all things technical is lacking severely, that being said.... When I log into my account the only items on my dashboard are FB, Instagram and the suggestions of Twitter, Yelp and Covid-19.  I've already been in touch with support on both sides the inventory company as well as godaddy and they've stated they could help me as far as they could any further and I would need to speak to the next level or developr's or what-have-you. I've sent an email and I get things are busy and I need to wait but I figured this to be a better option in the meantime. Having said that, after the advice given to me from both of the previous the "code" has been added to my website and everything else appears to be working correctly without an error's popping up. The inventory portion is stating all they need is the key to be placed onto the website for basic authorization so the two can communicate. 

All of that ^^^ leads me to believe I am just missing something and there is a place to put the API Key so all functions correctly ? ** Or am I just be thick ?

@Nasyra 

You explained that very well. Let me see if I can help connect the rest of the "dots"

So the GoDaddy Websites + Marketing product is a "closed" system meaning you as the end user cannot add additional features and functionality to it, nor does it have plugins which can be added to it.

Some 3rd party systems can be integrated with a snippet of HTML which would actually display code from the 3rd party system on your site - you would put this into a HTML box on one of the pages of your site. 

Websites + Marketing has integration with Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Facebook, Google Shopping and Walmart - This integration allows you to have products in multiple places but a single inventory and both systems pull from the same "lot"

I am assuming that is what you are attempting to do. I'm not sure when you say you were told you would need to speak to the next level if that was at GoDaddy or at the Inventory Folks - It if was from the inventory folks they may not be familiar with the GoDaddy system.

If they can just give you a snippet of HTML to place on the page then you are fine - the API key would be within the code they provide you. If they are looking / asking for anything more than that, then more than likely you will not be able to integrate this 3rd party system with the Website + Marketing site.

Hope this clarifies it for you.

View solution in original post