cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Add directories by uploading html files

Hello!

I'm trying to create additional directories for my domain and would love some help form the community.......

Here's the steps I've taken so far;

1. Created folders for each new directory within Public_html E.g. "Help" folder

2. Uploaded html files within each folder

3. Renamed 1x file "index.html" expecting this to when when i visit 'www.mydomain.com/help

However, I'm seeing a blank page rather than the creative that I am expecting to see when in Leadpages builder tool.

Any thoughts on what to do next?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hi @AbcSF. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

There are a lot of things that could be happening in the situation you've described. Most common would be that your domain isn't actually pointed to the hosting plan in question via it's DNS. Another possibility would be an issue with case sensitivity. Linux hosting plans are case sensitive, so you'll want to make sure your directory names and files are being referenced in the right way. Index files should always be in lowercase as well. Hope that helps. If not, feel free to provide more information (like the actual domain name). Others in the community may be able to provide you with additional suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.