cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Authorization headers are lost

We have a site (Rest-API) built with Laravel on a shared host.  For the last 8 month+, everything was working.  2 days ago, no one is able to access the API :  we get 401 even if we send the Auth Token in each headers.

My .htaccess already have :

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^(.*) - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%1]
SetEnvIf Authorization "(.*)" HTTP_AUTHORIZATION=$1

1) Are we able to Rewrite Auth headers as an Env var on shared host?

2) If not, is it new, since everything worked so far.

3) What are my options?  

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Authorization headers are lost

same here!  Please fix !!!

Sitting on chat with godaddy support, when they let me know what is causing it and how / when it will be fixed I'll post an update.

Ok, so they escalated it to the tier 2 hosting team, they're going to get back with me.  ill let you and everyone else know what they say, basically, sounds like someone messed up @ godaddy .... not surprising....

Thanks for this info,

the people i talked to were not helpfull at all...  so i decide to start migrating our stuff to a diffrent host!!

Let me(us) know the outcome 😉

OK, i was lucky to have a great guy on chat support.  He finally was able to confirm that a cPanel update occured on 10/07/2018.  Surprise!!! this is the date where all stopped working for me!

They have opened a Ticket on the admin team.  Hopefully, they will resolve this soon

Same here. Hope this can be fixed soon.

seriously considering moving out of GoDaddy too. I have used GoDaddy for almost 5 years, and I have seen so many these kinds of problems (headers, emails, SSH)...And I am paying the most expensive plan.

Yeah, i'm switching to google cloud ( compute engine specifically ), currently waiting on a new ssl cert to get issued.  The 1 cpu, with 3.5gb of mem is about 24 a month, and blows the godaddy speed / performance out of the water

Community Manager
Community Manager

HI @bcampeau@mschlanser@kelvinau. Thanks for bringing this issue up. This appears to be related to our update to cPanel 70. I have passed this thread on to our hosting admins and they're looking into the issue now. I will try to update this thread once there is a resolution or if I have more information. Thanks for your patience. 

I have moved this thread to the cPanel Hosting board as it seems to be happening specifically with cPanel plans. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@bcampeau @mschlanser@kelvinau - Sorry for the late response on this, but the issue should have been addressed already. Apparently, this was related to an update to mod_lsapi that was part of the cPanel update. If you are still having problems, the best thing to do would probably be to have our hosting department take a closer look at your situation.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.