cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Create an email address to send SMS texts with php

I don't need the php script.  I already have that. 

I need to know how to setup (establish) an email address that I can use in my php script.

How do I set my hosting up to do that? 

I'm using Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@nichemktg 

If all you want is an email at your domain and you don't have it configured anywhere yet - you can do it on the cpanel server and just add an MX record to the domain which points to the server

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@nichemktg 

If all you want is an email at your domain and you don't have it configured anywhere yet - you can do it on the cpanel server and just add an MX record to the domain which points to the server

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

You can send email to sms/mms to usa carrier and some canada carriers from any email address on your server. Make sure to have PTR (rDNS), DKIM, DMARC and SSL configured correctly. It's recommend to have 35 dedicated IPs per 100k SMTPout/24hrs to carrier SMS/MMS gateways using round robin for IPs or else barracuda and cloudmark will flag ea IP for poor reputation. Also make sure server hostname renamed to none generic and SSL re issued from cpanel for updated security.