cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

ERROR 500

Am having an error message from my web page "THIS PAGE ISN'T WORKING  is currently unable to handle this request.HTTP ERROR 500 " .  

This error only occurred to my .php webpages only . I also noticed that i didnt have .htaccess in my cpanel filemanager . What can i do to resolve this error . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@seunoba 

as mentioned I think the primary issue is your mysql connection - While I haven't used this tool - I suggest looking at https://www.seabreezecomputers.com/mysql2mysqli/ as it should convert your code 

You are more than likely using PHP 5.4 on your localhost where was the server is running 7.3

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User IV

@seunoba 

In your file manager there should be an error_log file - open that and look at the last line it should tell you which file the error is in and what the error is

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Below are the printout messages from the ERROR LOG

03-Mar-2020 12:01:17 UTC] PHP Warning:  require_once(Connections/info.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/crlx1b0ssczs/public_html/cliente.php on line 4
[03-Mar-2020 12:01:17 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'Connections/info.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php73/usr/share/pear') in /home/crlx1b0ssczs/public_html/cliente.php on line 4
[03-Mar-2020 12:27:02 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/crlx1b0ssczs/public_html/library/database.php:4
Stack trace:
thrown in /home/crlx1b0ssczs/public_html/library/database.php on line 4 [03-Mar-2020 12:37:22 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/crlx1b0ssczs/public_html/library/database.php:4 Stack trace: #0 /home/crlx1b0ssczs/public_html/library/config.php(62): require_once() #1 /home/crlx1b0ssczs/public_html/register.php(2): require_once('/home/crlx1b0ss...') #2 {main}

@seunoba 

Ok so you have a couple of issues here

1) the system is looking for a file cliente.php which isn't there

2) there is an issue with the connection to your database - more than likely this is a PHP 5.x vs PHP 7.x which uses a different connection method to get into MySQL

Whats can i do to solve the problem ? The the webpage were uploaded to the cpanel including the connection folder . How can i amend to suit my cpanel , all the webpages working pretty well on localhost . 

@seunoba 

as mentioned I think the primary issue is your mysql connection - While I haven't used this tool - I suggest looking at https://www.seabreezecomputers.com/mysql2mysqli/ as it should convert your code 

You are more than likely using PHP 5.4 on your localhost where was the server is running 7.3

View solution in original post

Thanks for ur help. My site is working perfectly now .