cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

What DNS manual updates are required for second website on Ultimate Linux Hosting?

I have a personal domain connected to my Ultimate Linux Hosting with cPanel, and it is working correctly.  I am attempting to add a second website to this hosting, using a domain purchased by a client who has delegated access to me.

I have made the relevant addition to Addon Domains via cPanel using this guide:

https://in.godaddy.com/help/add-secondary-or-alias-domains-to-my-linux-hosting-account-16150

The guide indicates that due to using a domain on another GoDaddy account, I need to manually update the DNS settings on that client account.  It directs to this guide, which is redundant and provides no actual information on what DNS values to change:

https://in.godaddy.com/help/web-and-classic-hosting-help-guide-32377

Can anyone identify what specific changes are required to the DNS config of the client domain?  Do I just replicate exactly the DNS settings of my existing website (a domain on the same account as the hosting)?

EDIT:

I have managed to install Wordpress for the client site on his domain by changing the DNS type A @ name setting to my server IP with the same TTL settings.  Are any additional changes to the DNS settings required?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Mong 

Unless you are moving their email which would require updating the MX record you should be good to go and no other updates needed. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@Mong 

That all looks correct 

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Thanks for the reply, I will accept as solution if there is no further clarified or update. 

Any additional changes to DNS that would be beneficial / improve the experience for my clients?

@Mong 

Unless you are moving their email which would require updating the MX record you should be good to go and no other updates needed. 

View solution in original post