About .co.jp Domains
JPRS is the sponsor and is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .co.jp extension that represents Companies in Japan.
Who can register .co.jp domains?
When registering a .co.jp domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 3 - 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters: a-z, Numbers: 0-9, Hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1 year
- Renewal length: 1 year
- The registry does not allow manual/explicit renewals. GoDaddy has enabled a feature to submit a renewal request between 30 and 2 days prior to the expiration date. The new expiration date will not reflect in the registry's Whois until the current expiration date has passed.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cash Parking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the registrant, on a .co.jp domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Must use: 1-20 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6
- Cannot use: DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.