About .se Domains
The Internet Infrastructure Foundation is the sponsor and Hexonet aka 1 Api GmbH is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .se extension that represents Sweden.
Who can register .se domains?
Anyone can register .se domain names, however, if the registrant is an organization or company, they must provide the VAT number. If the registrant is a individual, the individual's personal ID number will need to be listed in the VAT field.
When registering a .se domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 3 - 63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name), Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported, Finnish, Meänkieli (Tornedalsfinska), Sami, Romany, and Yiddish characters, as well as other Nordic language characters can be used. Click here for a complete list.
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-9 years
- Your .se domain name renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether the domain name is auto-renewed or renewed manually. Auto-renewal is attempted 21 days prior to the domain name's expiration. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal 14 days prior to expiration. If the second attempt fails, we try one more time 7 days prior to the expiration date.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it 7 days prior to the expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Renew my expired domain for instructions on the redemption.
- For example: Your .se domain name expires on October 1. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by September 24. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on September 10, September 17, and September 24
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- IDN: Not Supported
- The registration does not extend a year.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Not Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Not Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cash Parking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the registrant first name, last name, company name, or country on a .se domain, please contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Must use: 2-5 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6, DNSSEC
- NS updates can take up to 5 days to complete.
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms, and then Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
To cancel your .se domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.