Add a DS record
GoDaddy handles all DS (Digital Signature) records after you add Premium DNS and enable DNSSEC. For domains registered elsewhere but using GoDaddy nameservers, you'll need to add Premium DNS and we'll generate DS records to provide to your registrar. The only time you can manually add DS records for your domains registered with GoDaddy is when the domains are using third-party (not GoDaddy) nameservers that have DNSSEC enabled.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select Domain Edit Options next to your domain and then select Edit DNS. You may need to scroll down to see the Edit DNS option.
- Select DNSSEC from the More menu.
- On the DS Records page, select ADD.
- Enter or choose your settings:
- Key Tag: An integer value less than 65536 that identifies the DNSSEC record for this domain name. Enter the value in the provided field.
- Algorithm: The cryptographic algorithm that generates the signature. Choose an option from the drop-down menu.
- Digest Type: The algorithm type that constructs the digest. Choose an option from the drop-down menu.
- Digest: The digest is an alpha-numeric value. Enter the value in the provided field.
- Select Update to save your changes.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour, but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.