Add a Video block in WordPress
You can add a video block to your pages or posts in WordPress.
Need a little extra guidance? Get expert video creation advice from a GoDaddy Guide.
- Open the block editor (Need help opening the block editor?).
- Select Add block.
- Select Video from the Common Blocks section.
- Choose how you want to add the video:
- Upload - Select media stored on your own computer.
- Media Library - Allows access to Stock Photos and the Media Library.
- Insert from URL - Provides a field to paste the URL of a video that is already hosted online(e.g. YouTube), this is the most common choice for videos.
- Select Insert from URL.
- Paste the URL for your video into the provided field.
- Select Apply.
Note: Please remember to update your page or post after editing.
- You can find information on how to add an HTML block here:Add a Custom HTML block in WordPress
- Go back to the article: Using the WordPress editor
- Discover more about the block editor for WordPress in their support documentation.