Add an AAAA record
AAAA records match your domain to an IPv6 IP address, similar to A records which do the same but with IPv4 address. While AAAA records are less common than A records, they're gaining popularity alongside the increased adoption of IPv6 addresses. An IPv6 address is represented as eight groups of four hexadecimal digits, such as 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:6a2e:0371:7234.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select Domain Edit Options next to your domain and then select Edit DNS. You may need to scroll down to see Edit DNS.
- Select Add New Record.
- Select AAAA from the Type menu.
- Enter the details for your new AAAA record:
- Name: The hostname or prefix of the record, without the domain name. Enter @ to put the record on your root domain, or enter a prefix, such as blog or shop, to create a subdomain that points to an IPv6 address.
- Value: The IPv6 address the record corresponds to. This is commonly the IP address of your hosting account in IPv6 format, such as 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:6a2e:0371:7234.
- TTL (Time to Live): The amount of time the server should cache information before refreshing. The default setting is 1 hour.
- (Optional) Select Add More Records to add multiple DNS records at the same time. If you change your mind, select Delete to remove any records that haven't been saved yet.
- Select Save to add your new record. If you added multiple records at the same time, select Save All Records.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Edit an existing AAAA record if you need to make any changes.
- Create a DNS template to quickly apply DNS records to your domains.
- Get started with professional email and stay connected to your community.
- Turn on auto-renew to continue your domain registration uninterrupted.
- Set up 2-step verification for the best security on your domains and account.