Add an image block to my WordPress post or page
You can add an image to your WordPress site by adding an image block to posts or pages. You can add an image from your local computer, your WordPress Media Library, or a URL on another website.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- On the left-side menu, select Posts or Pages.
- Hover over the post or page you want to edit and then select Edit.
- At the upper-left corner, select Toggle block inserter.
- On the left-side menu, under Media, select Image. The image block will be added to the bottom of the post or page.
- Choose how you want to add the image:
- Upload: Select an image stored on your own computer.
- Media Library: Add an image previously uploaded to Media Library.
- Insert from URL: Paste the URL of an image that is already used on another site and then select Apply.
- (Optional) Select the image block and then select and hold Drag to move it around the post or page.
- Select Update.
After you see the Page updated notification at the lower-left corner, the image is successfully added to your site.