Add my email address to my Android email app
After you've set up your Workspace email address, you can add your email address to your Android email app.
- Open your Email app. (The steps to set up email on your Android device may vary depending on the make, model and your network provider.)
- If you already have an email account set up, press Menu and tap Accounts.
- Press Menu again and tap Add account.
- Type your Email address and Password, and click Next.
- Tap IMAP.
- Enter the incoming server info. We recommend using the SSL (secure) port instead of the standard port.
IMAP (Incoming mail server) Username Email address Password Email address password IMAP server imap.secureserver.net Port (SSL) 993 (recommended) Port (standard) 143
- Enter the outgoing server info. We recommend using the SSL (secure) port instead of the standard port.
SMTP (Outgoing mail server) SMTP server smtpout.secureserver.net Port (SSL) 465 (recommended) Port (standard) 80, 3535, 25
- Select Require sign-in and make sure your Username (your full email address) and Password are correct.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Next again. Then name your account and enter the name you want to display on outgoing messages.
- Tap Done.
- That's it. Send yourself a test email from your webmail, to make sure you can send and receive mail on your Android mail app.
- Don't have Workspace Email? See Add my Office 365 email address to my Android.
- Android: Troubleshooting Email.
Some Android devices and mail clients do not require sign in. If the settings above are not working for you, go back to step 8 and uncheck Require sign-in, then proceed with setup.
If you follow the steps and you can't receive or send email, contact customer support for help. You might need to make some additional changes depending on where you live and which ISPs you use.