Add my Microsoft 365 email to Mail (Windows)
Step 3 of the Set up my Microsoft 365 account series.
Add your Microsoft 365 account to the Mail app for Windows so you can send and receive business emails.
- From the Start menu, open Mail.
- If you've used the app before, select Settings, and choose Manage Accounts. Otherwise, continue to the next step.
- Select Add account.
- Choose Office 365.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 Email address and select Next.
- Select Work or school account, and then Continue.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 email address and password, and select Sign In.
- If multi-factor authentication (MFA) is enabled, follow the prompts to set up one of the available options, or verify your account using your existing MFA method. If security defaults are enabled, set up MFA on the Microsoft Authenticator App.
- You'll receive confirmation when your account is set up. Select Done to close the window and go to your inbox.
Note: You may need to choose if you want Windows to remember your account, or if you only want to sign in to the Mail app.