Add or replace a photo
Great photos encourage visitors to explore your site, and you have access to a huge library of royalty-free images searchable by keywords. In addition, upload your own photos formatted as .png or .jpeg/.jpg files. Gifs and animated gif files will not work. While files can be as large as 30MB, smaller files load faster on your site.
Note: To add or change product photos in your Websites + Marketing Online Store, add or modify a product.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your site to open your site.
- Select Edit Website or Edit Site to open your website builder.
- To add a new photo, you'll first need to add a section that uses photos, such as a Content section, a Photo section, a Quote section, etc. Your new section will already start with stock photos based on your site business category.
- To replace an existing photo, select it. In the right pane, select Change image.
- Select from recently added images, royalty-free stock images, collections, social media images, and more. Once you've chosen your image, select Insert.
- To find stock photos, use the Search box in the upper right corner. This finds images based on keywords in both your own uploaded images and thousands of stock images.
- To add your own images, drag and drop them into the area or use Browse.
- Scroll down to see more options, such as images from your social media accounts or your Media Library.
- Edit the photo, if you'd like. Remember to add an Image Description to help with accessibility and getting found on search engines.
- When you finish editing, select Done.
- When you're finished, remember to publish your site.
Note: To change the image in your header (the very first section on your Home page), select your header then select Cover Media.
- Add or change photo gallery
- Add or modify a product (including the photo) in your online store.
- Dive in: Browse essential Websites + Marketing articles