Add Ownership Protection
Ownership Protection (formerly Protected Registration) provides additional security to your domain names. It locks down the domain in your account, protecting it from any malicious takeover attempts. Ownership Protection also provides protection from an expired credit card or lapse in renewal.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Check the box next to the domain(s) you'll be upgrading. Or, click the check mark icon and Select All
- Select Ownership then Protect Domains.
- Click Add to Selected Domains next to Ownership Protection.
- Select Buy and complete checkout.
It can take 24-48 hours for your updated contact information to display in the WHOIS database.
- For the best security on your domains and account, we recommend setting up two-step verification.
- Make sure you enable auto renew to continue your domain registration uninterrupted.