Add product categories
Help your customers quickly find what they need in your store by creating product categories and sub-categories. Use the pencil icon to change and edit existing categories, and the trash icon to delete categories you no longer want.
You'll need to be on the Website Builder Ecommerce plan (compare plans and pricing ) or have a Premium Online Store.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll down to Website Builder and select Manage next to your website or store.
- Open Categories
- From your Website Builder Dashboard, go to Store and select Categories.
- From your Online Store Premium Dashboard, go to Products and select Categories.
- On the Categories page, select Add or Add Category.
- Enter a Category name and Description (or SEO Description). You also have the option to edit the Category link. Your category link provides a direct URL to products in this category, and should closely match your Category name.
- When you're done, select Save to close the window. The category is added to the Categories page.
- Rearrange the categories by clicking and dragging to change the order.
- Click and drag a category below or on top of another to make it a sub-category. Main categories can have two levels of subcategories. So "Clothes > Shirts > Women" would work but "Clothes > Shirts > Womens > Blouses" wouldn’t.
- Once you've created a category, remember to create a product or edit existing products.
- To make your changes live, publish your site.
Note: While not required, adding keywords in the name and description fields helps customers find you.
Tips and Best Practices
- Use the pencil icon to change and edit existing categories, and the trash icon to delete categories you no longer want.
- To see how your site looks to customers, select Website in the dashboard for Website Builder or View Store in Online Store Premium.
- InstantPage users cannot create more than three categories.