Allow remote and unregistered domains in cPanel on my Generation 4 server
By default, cPanel blocks unregistered domains, or any domains that don't have DNS pointing to the cPanel server. You might need to use domains like these for testing or development work, so here's how to unblock those domains in cPanel.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- In your My Products page, click Servers, and next to the Generation 4 server you want to use, click Manage.
- Click Launch WHM.
- In the WHM main page, select Server Configuration > Tweak Settings.
- Select the Domains tab.
- If the domain you want to use is live but not on your server, next to Allow Remote Domains select On.
Or, if the domain you want to use isn't registered (also called a "fake domain"), next to Allow unregistered domains select On.
- At the bottom of the Tweak Settings page, click Save.
Now you're ready to create your unregistered or remote domains in cPanel.