Back up my Generation 4 server
Every week, we automatically create a backup for you. New backups overwrite the snapshot from the previous week.
If you like, you can manually create a backup any time. When you create a backup file manually, the previous manual backup file is overwritten.
Note: For the most accurate backup, we recommend you turn off the server first.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- In your My Products page, click Servers.
- Next to the server you want to back up, click Manage.
- Click the three-dot icon (next to Launch WHM) and select Stop Server.
- Under Backups, next to Server Backups, click Manage.
- Click On Demand and then click Create.
- Enter a Backup Name for the file. The filename must be 5 to 16 characters long, and may contain only letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscore characters.
- Click Backup Now. We'll create a backup file, and when we're done the new backup file name appears in the On Demand section.